The foundation of the Canton Academy curriculum is based on traditional methods of instruction. Our students are taught from a Christian perspective, emphasizing academic excellence.
We strive to create a positive atmosphere conducive for learning through the following objectives:
- To promote an atmosphere where the individuality of each student is respected and to provide experiences that will help the student satisfy his or her needs.
- To encourage the development of a positive self-concept and a realistic self-appraisal of strengths and weaknesses.
- To instill in each student moral, ethical, and spiritual values necessary to be productive citizens.
- To promote an understanding of our American heritage and democratic society.
- To teach the individual responsibility of working in any group by respecting the rights, property, feelings, and differences in others.
- To promote effective communication skills.
- To provide a variety of activities to stimulate physical, mental, emotional, and social growth.
- To encourage the use and application of higher order thinking skills that involves synthesis, analysis, and evaluative thinking.
- To provide a curriculum based on sound research and learning practices that provides a sequential course of study based on fundamentals in the elementary and a college preparatory curriculum in high school.
- To stimulate and encourage an appreciation for the arts.