The Canton Academy Admissions Committee and our entire school family are very excited and thankful that you are considering our school for your child. We handle the steps of the admissions process in a serious manner in order to protect the environment of our school and to determine the best fit for each prospective student. You will find that we live true to our mission statement, “With a bold vision for the future, Canton Academy exists to nurture hearts and challenge minds in a Christian environment”. We will prayerfully consider the Lord’s plan for your child, and we truly hope that our school is part of that plan.
1. Apply online at cantonacademy.org
Click on the “Admissions” tab at the top of the page. Then click on “online application”. Please note that there is a $25 application fee to complete submission of the application.
2. Tour School
Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an email from the Admissions Director with a school tour offer.
3. Gather Needed Material
Be gathering needed documents if you did not upload them to your application. Documents needed are:
- Original birth certificate (we will make a copy and give the original back to you, but we do have to see the original).
- Immunization Form 121 (shot records). These can be faxed directly from physician to us at 601-391-3274 with attention to “Admissions Office”.
- Recommendation form or letter from someone who is employed at student’s current school or daycare which speaks to behavior, character and any explanation of discipline. There is a blank on the online application where the form can be sent directly to the referring person’s email address (this is the easiest and quickest way to get a rec letter back to us).
- Most recent report card and unofficial transcripts from current school. We must see grades for the previous three years (depending on grade level) in order to accept the student.
4. Take Entrance Exam
Set up a date and time to take the entrance exam (grades 1-12). We do not base acceptance solely on this exam. It mainly serves as a gauge for determining schedule needs, placement and some learning difficulties. The exam takes roughly one hour to complete.
5. Schedule Shadow Day
During the school year, we also suggest a shadowing day in order for the student to experience a typical Canton Academy school day in the student’s grade level class (The entrance exam can be done on this day or separately).
6. Application Reviewed
Once the above steps are complete and the Admissions Department has received all documents, the CA Admissions Committee will meet to review the student’s file and determine acceptance. The Admissions Director or a school administrator will contact you as soon as this process is complete.
7. Pay Fees
Upon acceptance, annual registration fee, technology fee, and one-time Capital Maintenance Fee must be paid in order for the student to have a spot held in the class.
8. Set- up ParentsWeb Account
Also upon acceptance, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set up your Family Portal (formerly ParentsWeb) account and complete the online enrollment packet.
Once again, we are grateful that you are considering our great school!
The Canton Academy Admissions Committee